Monday, March 26, 2007

Beßer Spät Als Nie

1. What are your top 3 Good Movies:
The Hudsucker Proxy
Donnie Darko
It’s A Wonderful Life – though, this might be a Bad Movie in some lists


1.5 What are your 3 most hated “Good” Movies:
(I’m with Elaine on this one) The English Patient
(Gross!) Trainspotting
(‘n’ Grosser!!) The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

2. What are your top 3 'Bad Movies':
Dogma
Groundhog Day

The Adventures of Buckeroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension (Peter Weller! hummena hummena)

3. #1 Quoted Movie:
The Hudsucker Proxy “You know, for kids.”

4. Favorite Action Movie:
Boogie Nights ;o)

5. Favorite Romance:
French Kiss

6. Favorite Weeper:
Steel Magnolias

7. Favorite director:
Joel Coen

8. Top 3 "Good Movie" moments:
Brad Pitt in the sanitarium common room in 12 Monkeys
Ray Winstone in the opening sequence of Sexy Beast

Pete Postlethwaite’s monologue at the climax of Brassed Off: “I thought that music mattered. But does it? Bollocks! Not compared to how people matter.” (which is sampled in Chumbawamba’s ultimate footie anthem Tubthumping)

9. Top 3 "Bad Movie" moments:
The kitchen table exchange between John Candy & Macaulay Culkin in Uncle Buck
The sinking of the Titanic
An assortment of moments from Four Weddings and a Funeral: the wedding dress shopping scene, Andie MacDowell’s Scottish wedding, but most especially John Hannah reading Auden at Simon Callow’s funeral. Just thinking about it shivers me timbers.

10. Top 3 Movie Quotes:
The Matador
Kid: “See ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya.”
Pierce Brosnan: “Smelled ya, shouldn’t hafta tell ya.”
Stripes

Bill Murray: "Czechoslovakia? That’s like breaking into Wisconsin."
Harold Ramis: “I got the shit beat out of me in Wisconsin.”
Brassed Off
See above, Top Good Movie moments, Pete Postlethwaite

11. Top favorite movie in the last 2 years:
Good Night, and Good Luck
or maybe Nanny McPhee
oo! oh! or maybe Millions

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 26, 2007 11:20:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Welcome back and apparently I need to update my Netflix list. I know very few of these movies....Then again, I'm old! (Ed Ames, Humnnahma, Humnnahma!!)

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:56:00 AM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

Damn--that's funny--I LOVED the Matador and HATED The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and bodies in spaghetti, or whatever...

I like 1.5--most HATED good movies--excellent category...

hmm...
The Cook the Theif, whatever...
Sex, Lies, & Video Tape
Out of Africa (zzzzzzzzzz)

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Yeah, for me it was the dog shit force-feeding scene (Cook, Thief, Sick & Twisted I'm talking about here).

Amy, I'd love to watch movies with you. I'd imagine the flying editorial comments would get wickedly amusing. Or maybe you don't like to shout back at the TV like I do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home