Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Obligatory Knitting Content

Now that I've turned this blog into my confessional, please, remind me. Have I told you about my vow of monogamy? Perhaps I should clarify that statement after having just revealed my little Romance problem. I mean my vow of Knitting Project monogamy. I will not allow myself to start a new knitting project until I finish the one on which I am currently working. That means it's beige Lion Brand Wool-ease for me for the foreseeable future unless I pull my thumbs -- along with the rest of my digits -- off my sweaty laptop keyboard and get cracking on the V-neck pullover for the Englishman. He could have used a nice warm sweater today considering the windchill is minus Christ It's Cold courtesy of an Alberta Clipper that's vacationing here in quaint New England this week. Here's a full frontal photo of my beige-on-beige existence.




No, that carpet's not filthy. Those are shadows. Heh heh.

For what it's worth, I don't think this "Wheat" color will look particularly well on the Englishman but it was, you know, cheap and it's been ripening in my stash for about 6 years so its time has come. Which makes me think, hey, maybe if the Romance Fiction thing doesn't work out for me I can make a career of designing and installing yarn cellars for stash enthusiasts. Just an idea.

Anyway, rather than knit more beigeiness into my life last night, I opted to paint my fingernails Berry Garnet whilst* watching Supernanny. I love that Cockney gal, even if she can't say asseptable (as in, "That behavior is not asseptable, you must now sit on the Naughty Carpet stain").

* Gotta go full-on British in Supernanny's presence.

Here's my "On The Needles" shot. I just want you to take a moment to appreciate how skillful my photography is. It's not easy capturing a relatively unblurred image of something that moves around as much as knitting does. Oh yeah? Well, YOU try it with a 3 year old in the room.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:48:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

I am about to swear off Lion brand Wool-ease. The Huge Blue Sweater is finished but for the buttons and (Scarlet moment ahead) G-d as mah wittness, I will nevah knit anathing takin' mohar than one skein from WoolEase agayahn *holds ups turnip-colored yarn impaled on needles in front of fake sunset*
(Damn dialect)

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I don't know, pretty good if you ask me! I definitely need a tissue. (snort)

 
At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:42:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

Yeah...I'm still in the love it/hate it stage w/wooleze...and since my sock needles keep crawling away with pudgy little fingers attached, I feel you on that picture thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home