Wednesday, March 28, 2007

An End to the Lazy Woman’s Approach to Blogging

Hello Bloglanders. It’s time to write something for real instead of relying on formulaic cop-outs to fill this space. I’ve not been hanging around much in Blogotopia this week for reasons previously expressed and also because when I find some time to read, my face is buried between the pale velvety folds of Vulnerable. I’ve been checking up on a few of you though: Bonnie because you never get over your first, Amy because it’s going to take an expensive rehab incarceration to quit that habit, and Catie because I’m worried about her (and so glad to see she’s at least posting comments). The rest of you, I miss too terribly! It’s time. Time to visit Rae, and the Denizens, Cussin’ Mama, Louiz and Roxie’s flower sex (which reminds me, Roxie and Louiz need links on this page). I read at work because it is way more fun to catch up on my favorite writer-knitters than it is to draw call flow diagrams and design negative test cases. My new Test Lead, whom I absolutely adore and am utterly relieved to have on my team, is very VERY diligent and wants constant interaction so I barely get more than a paragraph into what anyone has written and, how can I say this delicately? Some of you are phenomenally verbose. No, no, it’s OK. It’s what I love about you. You’re so funny too. You just think it’s your kids. Huh-uh, it’s really your raconteuse selves that are so adept at making the mundane hilarious.

Englishman racked up another point in the Endearment column of the Marriage ledger. When he arrived home last night, he told me about a knitting group he’d found on Meet Up who get together once a week at a Starbucks very near me. Hooray! Coffee drinking knitters! This has New Friend potential all over it. The meeting tonight is at 6 pm, not so good for Coach since Englishman arrives on our stoop after a grueling 1.5 hour, 12 mile bus ride just before 7 pm. But next week the meeting time is set for 7 so I created an account, posted my photo (and a link here! Shameless self-promoter!), and Rsvped to say I’d be there on the 4th. I just know they’re going to be a great bunch because knitters are. They just are.

Oh! And guess what? I almost forgot. Are you sitting down? (You had better be! This is Butt Dent practice, not Loitering rehearsal or Shin Splint training!!) I’m actually BLOCKING the Lion Brand Wool Ease Beige V-neck Pullover. That’s right. Me. Blocking!

One piece at a time, Denters. One piece at a time.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

ooohhh... hold on a second, not only are you BLOCKING (I love how grown-up I feel when I block, btw...) but my computer got cleaned (very involving process, trust me:-) and I can now POST COMMENTS DURING work. This could be bad...but not today, because I read your blog and I'm totally glad you're back, dude...(You've been posting comments...I knew you were on your way:-)

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:54:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Not only are you back, but you keep posting. If you keep it up, I'll have to check you three or four times a day, just as I do Julie. And that cuts into the blogging time. (glad to read you)

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Catie said...

yae - welcome back

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:25:00 AM, Blogger Louiz said...

Glad to see you;re back, and I'm going to post an explanation regarding to kill a mocking bird since everyone seems to feel hurt... sorry.

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Right on, Coach! I knew you'd be back in the game soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home