Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And So To Block

I have arrived at that most dreaded point in the knitting process: the repre-hensible "Block sweater to measure-ments" instruction. Here's a picture of VK Fall 2005 #11 as it exists now and undoubtedly will for many, many more months to come.

If you're unfamiliar with the pattern, the sample sweater was knitted in a flame red bulky wool with a pumpkin orange carrying yarn of kid mohair. Mine is much less striking but I have had the bulky cream wool in stash for a long time and have started and frogged three different sweaters with it. This one seems destined to stay knitted. I sort of like it. Until I put it on, that is. That's always when the lovelight fades. I never like them once they're on. Some day I'll learn that big poufy pullovers sporting chunky cables knit with bulky wool rarely flatter boobs and bulges. Oh but that honeymoon phase while they're being knitted is so sweet! So I keep falling for them again and again and again. One of these days, I'll knit a sweater that makes me look tall, thin and twenty-two. Really. It's going to happen. I know it will.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

It's lovely work--I'm sure it will look lovely on. (I always screw up anything I knit for myself...I'm impressed by how well it turned out:-)

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:23:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished. I. can't. wait. to . see. it . finished.....Hint, hint/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home