Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Only 364 Shopping Days Left...

It's the day after. 2 Year Old is off at preschool even though Coach and the Englishman have the day off work. Hey, it's paid for already. Know what I mean? Englishman is watching two separate soccer games -- one on the laptop, the other on Fox Soccer Channel -- and pretending to be useful by supergluing broken toys. "Does this need gluing? How about this?" The pine needles and cookie crumbs have been vacuumed up, last languishing crystal goblets scrubbed of their wine rings and finger smudges, gift books stowed or stacked in appropriate shelves or piles. Yes folks, the post-Christmas funk has officially set in. I was tempted after dropping off 2 Year Old this morning to swing by Whole Foods on my way home to pick up that blue cheese I forgot to buy before Christmas and maybe some nice smelling hand lotion to lift my spirits. Can't whip up the enthusiasm to treat myself. This is, without a doubt, the roughest day of the year. Never fear. Your coach will be back in form soon. Probably tomorrow. Let's be optimistic. The day after Christmas calls for a good dose of the stuff.

That and some cod liver oil.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

You could start planning New Year's. We're going to do an English New Year here (at 7pm EST, the same as midnight in London). The Husband likes to go to sleep around 8, no later than 9, so this works into his schedule. I suppose I'll have to post the events?

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:45:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I foolishly suggested to my Englishman that we should drag 2 Year Old into Boston for First Night. They do Children's Fireworks at 7 pm. Now I'm regretting that stroke of verbally incontinent brilliance.

P.S. Don't tell The Husband I've just likened him to a child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home