Thursday, December 28, 2006

Resolutions

It's that time of year again. Time to draw up that ultimate mother-in-law of all lists. (Why mother-in-law? Well, can you imagine anyone whose ritual appearance you dread more?) I do this not to punish you but to enlist your help in holding my feet to the coals. So without further ado, I hereby resolve to do the following in twenty aught seven:

1. Exercise
2. Floss

Now we've got the obligatory, obvious, hard-coded items out of the way we can get a little more interesting.

3. Remember those elevated triglycerides and cholesterol numbers? No, Coach, that's supposed to be a declarative statement. Remember them. Take them into consideration when planning meals and overbooking sedentary activities atop the "Excercise!!!" appointment in your Outlook calendar. Remember and reduce those bad boys.

4. Resume contact with the people who have fallen like so many crushed Cheerios into the sofa cushions of personal history.


5. Take all medications religiously, on schedule, and at proper doses. (I'm telling you right now team, this one will be the first to go.)

((But it gives me an excuse to go out and buy one of those ginormous pill sorter things on the rack next to the pharmacy pick-up counter at CVS that look like they'd kill you if one fell off the rack and hit your head, they're so big.))

(((In fact, I'm determined to see if I can find one that can handle the complication of meds and vitamins on my Supposed To regimen. I'm telling you right now, I sincerely doubt such a carbuncle of plastic compartments exists anywhere in the known universe.)))

6. Stop buying books!!! In fact, I think I shall swap books for yarn in the rules outlined for
Knit From Your Stash 2007. Since there's no such thing as sock books (except for the kind you stick down inside one should you need to swing something at a masked intruder to knock him out, as demonstrated in many cartoons and Home Alone films), in rule 2.a. I shall substitute Amy Lane's books.


((Disclaimer -- I am not actually aware of any Home Alone films in which a weighted sock was swung at a masked intruder's head but it just seems like the sort of gag they'd do.))

Come to think of it, it's not like you need to buy more books to finish reading a book you've already started so rule 2.c. shall be revised as follows:

2.c. If we are on vacation or otherwise away from home for at least 24 hours and run out of something to read, we may purchase enough books to complete our travels.


7. Keep a running, updated list of knitting WIPs and reading BIPs right on this here page which means figuring out the html necessary to make such lists possible. (Are you listening Coach? This means you!)

8. Do something that will move me one step closer to changing my career from one I can barely tolerate to something that floats my boat so well, it lifts all the other little boats in my harbor. If nobody's happy when Mama ain't happy, does it therefore follow that everybody's happy when Mama is? Let's try and find out, shall we?

*****

There they are. For now, anyway. My resolutions. I'll let you know when I've broken all of them. hee hee hee!!!

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 29, 2006 12:17:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Helping the coach: I take 7 medical pills and 6 vitamins a day, plus 3 inhalers twice a day. Here's my method (which worked for my dad, 83 and a little confused). Color code each pill bottle: Label the tops with the initial of the med (or the first two in case of duplication) using one color for all the morning pills, one color for afternoon, one for evening. Now for the most important part: Draw up a chart with all the times and meds on it (meds marked in approptiate colors) and post it on the fridge. Sounds like a lot of work, but honest it only took about 30 minutes and then you don't have to think about it any more, just check the list and the clock. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home