Monday, April 09, 2007

Dent Practice

I've laid in a supply of good viewing for the week, team. At this very moment, Englishman is recording The Wind In The Willows on Masterpiece Theatre. Today I dropped off Six Feet Under, Season 3, Episodes 32-34 at the library and came home with Vera Drake and Warm Springs. I very nearly added Whale Rider to the stack but knowing that Six Feet Under, Season 3, Episodes 35-37 is in transit from a network library to mine, I didn't want to get too greedy. I should have some knitting news and photos to report here very soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks to Easter treats, my dent capacity has increased in a way that's helpful to competition; not so much to those New Year's Resolution cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. Too bad. I'd rather expire slightly early, happy and full of ham, cheesy potatoes, caramelized sugar-glazed sweet potatoes, and lemon-buttered asparagus than elderly and cranky from having choked on a lethal quantity of celery. I'm sorry if that's harsh but it is the truth.

The Easter treats were divine, team. Dove milk chocolate eggs. Mini malted speckled robins' eggs. Aged peeps (all celophane wrapping removed at least 36 hours before consuming, thank you very much!). Oh! And how do I love thee, Vanilla and Lemon Panna Cotta with Blackberry Sauce? Let me count the calories!

It is with some sadness that I must report no eggs were bedeviled in the Coach's house on Easter Sunday. Coach was, well, let's say otherwise indisposed by a Bellini or three. When life gives you peach nectar (for ham glaze), make Bellinis* (with the ample unused leftovers). Words to live by.

* 1 champagne flute + 2 oz. peach nectar + 1/2 oz. lemon juice + 1 oz. grenadine + top with fizzy white wine = bliss. Don't say I didn't warn you.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:40:00 AM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Mmmm. Cheesy sweets with fruit sauce. I was just sitting here eating Cheesecake (Jewish style) with raspberry sauce (if only I hadn't been reading Wounded at the same time. Sensual overload) Better get to bed.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Vera Drake is so good! I haven't seen Warm Dreams; I'll have to check it out. DH and I finished SFU on DVD about a year ago and are onto back episodes of Lost. We're not big TV fans; a show at a time will do us.

The drink sounds divine. It might make my work so much more lively! (Actually, work is lively enough. Maybe instead the alcohol will calm things down...)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

Sounds dreamy--I hope the upshot was better for you than it was for me... but I do have to agree with you... wasn't it Irma Bombeck who said, "You know what was going through the minds of all those women who went down with the Titanic? I'll tell you what they were thinking. They were thinking they should have had dessert!"

 
At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:51:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Hellooooo? Anyone there? Hope all is well and you haven't come down with the blogger's crud.

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Come out of the woodwork! We'll be here when you can emerge. (Having just emerged from a long time of my head in the sand, I can't scold, only encourage.)

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Catie said...

i hope you are doing well, or if you are not doing well yet, that you will be doing well soon.

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:23:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Still checking......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home