Wednesday, May 30, 2007

FYS

That's Fantasy Yarn Store. I own one. Want to come in and browse?

It's called Fuzz Buzz. Not only do I offer lots of fondling fodder in easily accessible wooden bins on one side of the store, on the other I have a little coffee shop/cafe/wine bar. You can pull up a chair at a nice little round table to nibble on a composed salad of pasta and veggies in vinaigrette du jour but you can also sip your favorite wine (OK, maybe I'll add Sam Adams for grain-lovers) or snarf a fudgy brownie past your latte froth-mustachioed lips all while clickety-clacking away on your latest WIP. Muted TV in corner tuned to popular Man Sport In Season to actually convince beer drinking DHs that an evening at the yarn shop is a great idea for this week's date night. Or come with your girlfriends and spend the evening in our sofa cluster. Noshing. Knitting. Nattering. Knocking back a few cold ones or red ones or whatever buzz-inducing bevvy you fancy (from whence the inspiration for the "Buzz" part of the shop's name).

I'm thinking warm hardwood floors, walnut stained fixtures, slate tiles, big cushy leather sofas, copper and verdigris accents. Tables are wooden tops with wrought iron legs. Chairs to match. Lots of plants. One of those glass cases with all the food and sweets showcased. Great big swimming pool-sized white porcelain cups for coffee. The usual glassware for everything else.

Now, admittedly, I stole the idea for this business from these people, but my adaptation is infinitely more appealing, don't you think? Though, I do like their fireplace. Maybe I'll steal that idea too.

Or maybe I should just move back to Minnesota and shop at the Yarn Cafe. It might be cheaper than starting my own business. A little. Maybe.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

I'd shop at Fuzz Buzz anytime:-)

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:55:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Wow! For a minute there I thought you were adding a swimming pool to the shop and I would *never* have to leave. An almost perfect store.

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Yeah - Yarn Cafe is just one of many shops you could be frequenting up here in good old humid as hell, filled with mosquitos Minnesota.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:55:00 PM, Blogger roxie said...

The only flaw I find with Fuzz Buzz is the location. It's gonna be a long damn commute from Western Oregon!

Thanks for dropping by my blog, by the by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home