Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Well, for starters, not blogging.

Working, mostly. There's enough to do at the office that I can't actually steal any time from my employer to write this blog. I must be satisfied with swiping Bics and one by one-and-a-half inch PostIt pads instead.

Cooking again. Sadly, Christmas is now so thoroughly passed into history, there aren't any leftovers anymore. Cooking means grocery shopping. Grocery shopping means list making. List making means recipe hunting. It's a lot to do for someone as lazy as I am.

Knitting sloooooooooowly. I'm using up some lovely celery green Donegal Tweed to make the Felted Sack on page 35 of Vogue Knitting's
Bags & Backpacks. I'm on the strap now. It's wicked boring and easy to leave wadded up in a scratchy bunch on top of all the other UFOs in my sofa-side basket.

Keeping warm. Or trying to, anyway. This morning I thought our little indoor/outdoor thermometer was broken. It said 8 and 63. This did not compute. My brain registered "broken". Then I realized I was seeing the outdoor temperature and the family room temperature one hour after our digital thermostat switched to the "Wake" setting. Not broken; just br. It's been so long, I forgot it was even possible for the outdoor air temperature to be a single digit. Not even 2 weeks ago, it was 69 degrees on our deck. So I guess that means no one here can complain. (Someone should tell us that, though.) I'm talking Fahrenheit, folks so don't you Celsius people be goin' "Eight degrees? What's she whining about?"

Watching TV. Too much. Heeeelp! Pleeeeeeease! Someone come wrest the remote control from my chilblained, frostbitten, frozen-rigid hand. Or at least change the damn channel for me.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:22:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

OK...Let's see if blogger let's me leave you a note. I've missed you. Check every day or so... and yet you have two (!) new posts. I kind of welcome the cold, hoping that the summer won't be unbearable. Have you noticed? I quit solitare cold turkey...you can do it with TV, I know you can. Let me hear a cheer.....(No, not now 24 is on darn it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home