Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hi There

Anybody know a nice place for brunch in the Arlington-Winchester-Medford-Malden part of Massachusetts? Anybody? Anybody? Just wondering.

Lots of blogs seem to be languishing. People must be really busy these days. Either that or, like me, they have nothing much to say.

There was a nice surprise in my Inbox this morning at work. It seems the Director of my division here at my workplace has been engaged in a cross-discipline comparison of our salaries to the rest of the industry. Turns out I actually AM woefully underpaid. (Gosh! Who knew?) The company has decided to rectify the situation to the tune of a 5% increase effective February 1st. This is a mixed blessing. While it's nice to see more money on the electronic paystub after suffering the inordinate hassle of having to remember a secure login ID and password to get access to such delicate information (that is too precious to send in paper format through the mail but not too confidential to have employees display on their workplace monitors, apparently), it diminishes some of the complete and utter freedom I felt until this morning to whine and complain about how badly I am mistreated by the B-/C+ -caliber Doofuses that run my company. The afterglow of this little suprise announcement lasted exactly 6 hours. By 3 PM, I was being asked to do a stupid chore of little consequence that will eat into my deadline and offer me no direct benefit. I've been pretty peevish ever since. So goes life here at Busywork, Incorporated.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:17:00 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

Mazel tov on the raise! And "awwwww" for having your time wasted with crap. At least you'll have more money for yarn;-)

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

B-/C+ doofuses...OMG, it's like we work together or something!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home